Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pastel Still Life

Bottle with Chocolate Mix (Yummy)


 Bottlle with Chocolate mix was one of the few projects where I had to improvise with materials that were given to me. I wanted to use the chocolate mix I had with me at the time which served to be useful when doing the pastel drawing. When drawing the thumbnail sketch, I had to change the position of the items multiple times to get it to look good and I say that it turned out just fine. When actually choosing the colors to use, I wanted to have a high contrast so I used a dark blue for the ground and a sunset orange for the sky. I made the item look three dimensional by adding shading and making one side of the bottle look darker than the other side, giving it some realism. My teacher, Mrs. Brokey (sorry if I spelled it wrong) created the light source for me and I did not move seats because it looked good as it was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment