Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

Beach Sunset 





For my painting, I used two complementary colors. To be more specific, I used blue and orange as my complementary colors because I love the contrast the the two brings to each other. For my atmospheric perspective, I wanted to create a pleasant, relaxing feel to it an I thought that a sunset with mountains as my atmosphere and my background would give of that beautiful scenery. One thing that I was very proud of while doing this project was my light source. I created cloud with light shining through it because I knew that a good background makes any art look appealing. While painting the background and the stream, I used diagonal brush strokes because I thought that it would look cool. As for the sea, mountains (far and close) I used horizontal brush strokes. Allot of the value is mostly expressed in the sea where it gets darker in certain part of the ocean. I tried to add value to the rocks up close, but it went wrong and ended up using a monotone color. Other than that, this is one of my best painting so far and I hope to be better at painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment