Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramics Project

Sun Bowl

The Sun Bowl was one of my more recent projects that took two weeks to complete. I used a process where the artist covers the outside of a bowl with clay. The bowl that I used looked more like a plastic top hat than a bowl giving the sculpture a unique apearance. My objective of the project was to make a bowl to hold onto snacks while I play games, but currently I have no use for it and see it as useless and undesireable. My desighn that I created was a sun like desighn, with a mixture of sharp and round edges. When I started to paint the dry bowl, I covered the edges just for fun, I also painted the center with what was supposed to be a sun. Finally I painted the bottom completely becuase if I left it alone, it would look to bland giving me a poor grade. The overall desighn and painting of the sculpture gave it its name of Sun Bowl due to how it resembled a sun. If I were to change anything about it, I would have wanted to change the bowl template I used because of its current, awkward state. Also, I wish that I had more time to work on the painting because I feel like I could have done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment